Tunnels & Trolls : Gristlegrim Room 412--Optometry room
This is a standard Gristlegrim room. There are doors on the south and west walls.
There is a table in the center of the room with a rack containing several pairs of spectacles. Strong functional magic emanates from the glasses on the table and the rack.
Standing near the table is an ogre optometrist. He's 12 feet tall and looks friendly. He just wants to fit every delver with their own pair of glasses. And he will fight anyone who won't wear glasses. He has a monster rating of 400.
The glasses have different effects. Players should choose a lens color if they want to wear glasses.
- Clear = telescopic vision and -1 to each attribute while wearing it.
- Green = metal vision. Wearer can identify different kinds of ores infallibly but loses 1D6 STR while wearing them.
- Red = charisma vision. Wearing them doubles the wearer's charisma rating, but halves his CON rating.
- Blue = skill vision. Wearing them doubles the wearer's dexterity rating, but halves his luck rating.
- Yellow = luck vision. Wearing them doubles the wearer's luck rating but halves his intelligence rating.
Game masters may feel free to invent other colors and special lenses with unique special effects.